Moscata is in her new home
Breed: Female Domestic Short Hair
Poor Moscata – she has been waiting a long time for her home, because we are looking for a special home for her – a home with a well experienced cat person, one who understands cat personalities.
With her new carer Moscata is slowly coming out of her shell, letting down her guard and allowing her personality to show. She is beginning to trust her foster carer and showing her loving side. She wants to be near her foster carer and spends her time sleeping in her various beds located in each room her foster carer is in. She is becoming accepting of visitors and allowing a pat from them. Moscata wants to be loved but on her own terms; however she is even allowing her foster carer to pick her up for a quick cuddle as long as her ears are being rubbed. She is even starting to give her foster carer eskimo kisses BUT
Moscata has not received the best start in life and due to this:
- Moscata has obviously had to fend for herself, without sufficient to eat and is now food obsessed. She now knows when her meals time are and patiently sits by her food bowl waiting to be fed. On the odd occasion she will remind you by either sitting at your feet starting or a meow.
- She does not like or trust other cats.
- She has not had the opportunity to trust humans, having been a witness to human violence, and therefore, she is a little hand shy and independent at first. She does love to be adored but on her terms.
- We believe she does require some supervised outside time each day or ideally a safe cat run. But she is becoming content sitting on a window sill in her new house looking out the window.
Moscata likes affection on her terms and when the time is right:
- She loves a chin rub and ear scratch.
- She periodically gives her foster carer some hand licks, to show her appreciation.
- She does like to play with her laser pointer.
- She likes to investigate bags and boxes.
- She loves to share her carer’s bed most nights.
- She greets you either at the front door or window on your return home.
- She suddenly appears or wakes from a deep slumber once she hears the treat bag being open.
Moscata is not for the faint hearted; she requires a patient, cat person, who will understand that Moscata needs her space. Moscata is not suitable for children
Given the right home; the right person; the opportunity to trust and feel secure, Moscata will become the cat she should always have been.
Are you the person to change Moscata’s life? If so, she needs you – please apply.
Microchip Number: 956 000 003 414 025
Source Number: EE104797
Adoption Fee: $250
Moscata has/have been adopted.
Please note: we do not rehome interstate or to applicants under 25.